What is lust? What is a friend with benefits? So last week, I talked about what’s the difference between like and love. If you didn’t notice, the last post was the beginning of this whole series that I am currently working on. After several blog posts of kinda like random and like an introduction to this whole concept of love, I decided to start a series but because this is the first one so I’d like to explain and analyze the definition of relationships in general.
So what are the exact meanings of lust and friends with benefits? Well, according to Urban Dictionary, lush is “The purely physical attraction and has no lasting effect.” Whereas, friends with benefits include “Two friends have a sexual relationship without being emotionally involved. Typically two good friends who have casual sex without a monogamous relationship or any kind of commitment.” In other words, lust is the sexual attraction between strangers (not close) and friends with benefits are two good friends willing to exchange that strong sexual desire without a commitment.
So just like last week’s post, here are the differences between lust and friends with benefits:
- Lust starts off with the good physical appearance and intimacy, while FWB is based on the good friendship you two have but doesn’t really care much about their outer looks nor their affection.
- Lust is more of like a short term relationship, if a certain person doesn’t pass your expectations, you pass them on. FWB, after all is based on friendship, under whatever circumstances, the 2 people will still remain as friends, in most of the cases.
- Lust plans to meet frequently, FWB meets up only when they have needs.
- Partners in lust support each other both financially and emotionally, friends support each other only emotionally.
- Friend with friend, there is no romantic commitment nor expectation. A person with a person keeps the company going strong and healthy.
So basically, to sum up everything, no matter what the circumstances are, friends don’t change their friendship status unless something serious happens. 2 people in a temporary period expects one another to be good at a certain part of the relationship or the whole play.
As I mentioned last blog that due to my limited time of doing homework, chores, and going to school, I had little time to do my blog posts as well as keep them up to date. I am so sorry for that but it will be improved in the future. So here are the remaining 25 random facts about me.
- My favorite holiday of the year is Christmas because that’s near my birthday and also it’s the best time to spend with family and friends, to open presents like I’m still a young kid.
- My dream college is either UCI or UCLA because it’s nearby here, I can visit my family in the weekends or whenever I have days off.
- In my fourth grade. I started to learn how to play the violin and the learning lasted until freshman year which I had to give up as I got busier.
- I am already bilingual with Vietnamese and English, but now I’m learning a new language, Spanish.
- My goals for the four years of high school are to lose 30lbs and get straight A’s every year.
- In Vietnam, I used to wear uniforms to my elementary school.
- When I go to sleep, I turn off all of my lights except for those times I fall asleep leaving my table lamp on.
- I have a fear of ghosts but whenever I watch scary movies, I would be shocked at first then laugh hysterically for about 15 minutes.
- In my group of friends, I’m the tallest among all boys and girls.
- People usually mistake me as the older sister because of my height.
- One thing that I hate about myself is that I still have that procrastination in my mind.
- One thing that I love about myself is I know how to take care of other people.
- The biggest insecurity of mine is to lose my loved ones.
- When I grow up, I want to be a doctor and a designer.
- To me, haters are a part of me, it’s something that pushes me to move forward and strike for the better.
- My best childhood memory was that I got to spend time at a zoo with my old friends in Vietnam.
- I never had a sleepover with my friends, only with my relatives.
- In my playlists, I have more sad and low beat songs than upbeats.
- This summer, I finally got to visit the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
- When I have free time, I would go hang out with my family and friends, play sports, watch Youtube, listen to music, and read books.
- I scream and yell when there’s an interruption in the silence.
- My Zodiac sign is Capricorn.
- I started a Youtube channel when I was about 11, but I gave up pretty soon after that.
- I’m only good at analyze and give advices about love not matchmaking.
- I’ve harmed myself unsuccessfully, but luckily got over the idea of suicide by my own motivations.
And so this is the end of today’s blog post. I hope this relaxes your mind a bit, reduces the tensions if you do have. There’ll be one more blog post coming up this week for the one that I missed. Thank you all!
This Tuesday was the 2016 presidential election, the most historical event of America. People are cheering, crying, sorrowing for that. All mixed feelings of both Democratic and Republican supporters. I don’t want to get everyone stuck up with their emotions and not having a good feeling while reading my blogs so I’m gonna do something relaxed, chilled, and maybe help brace yourself. Remember the welcome blog that I first posted for like couple weeks ago? I just briefly went through the policies, what’s this about, and a little bit of introduction about me. Honestly I don’t exactly know where to start so here are the first 25 random facts about me.
- My male celebrity crush is Theo James from the series of Divergent.
- My female celebrity crush is Adele from the song “Hello”.
- My favorite TV show is a Korean reality show, Running Man.
- The last movie that I just watched yesterday was Masterminds.
- The last country that I visited was Vietnam about 2-3 years ago.
- The place I’d probably want to live is either Los Angeles or Irvine.
- My favorite color is yellow for it represents warmth, happiness, royalty, and prosperity.
- The quote that I always keep reminding myself is, “Don’t go broke while trying to look rich.”
- My favorite movie is The Independence Day.
- My favorite song is “Scars To Your Beautiful” by Alessia Cara.
- The movie that always make me laugh is The Conjuring 2,
- The movie that always make me cry is Hachiko: A Dog’s Story.
- I’m more of like a night owl because I tend to stay up late ‘til 2 or 3 in the morning.
- If I ever won the lottery, the first thing I’d do is pay all of my family’s debts and whatever remains will go into our saving accounts.
- I have dyed-brown straight hair.
- My addiction is probably checking my phone in the morning when I wake and at night before I go to bed.
- I don’t drink sodas except for special occasions, mostly I drink water, but if someday I can’t stay awake, I’d drink zero calorie energy drinks or hot chocolate.
- Every time I go to Starbucks, I order double chocolate chips frappuccino.
- My two favorite cartoons of all time are Tom and Jerry and Mr. Bean.
- Although yellow is my favorite color, when talking about fashion, I like to wear black and white clothes.
- I am a very sporty girl, I rarely dress up girly or sometimes I combine both styles.
- My favorite sport is volleyball.
- Because I’m so sporty, every quarter, I would get an A+ in PE.
- Secret Fact: I like to bite my nails and let the blood drips off my fingers.
- When I customize my pizza, I choose more veggies than meats.
For the sake of my limited time, I deeply apologize for having to break this down into two parts but I promise in the future, it’ll be one piece. Thank you and see you guys next week!